Emergency First Aid at Work (Sport and Exercise) - HSE approved
This is the minimum level of statutory first aid training for those required to act in an emergency. An essential course for sports coaches, fitness trainers, club officials or anyone who could be called on to deal with injury or illness in the sport and exercise situation. The certificate is accepted by all sport and exercise governing bodies for insurance and CPD purposes (6 hours).
Delegates receive training in a range of first aid subjects, including:
- Legalities of First Aid: obligations, the Duty and Standard of Care expected of the first aider
- The Primary Survey in sport and exercise: AcBCDE
- Basic Life Support: Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2010, Adult and Child sequence, including Defibrillation demonstration
- Sudden Death Syndrome: incidence of major cardiac illness in athletic populations
- Management of the unconscious casualty, including head injury/concussion assessment: AVPU/Maddocks/CogSport/referral forms
- Management of injury, illness and environmental scenarios: case studies and open forum - subjects discussed will include neck injury, bleeding, fracture, dislocation, soft-tissue injury, asthma, hypoglycaemia, fitting, heat and cold illness
On completion of the course delegates receive the nationally-recognised 'Emergency First Aid at Work' certificate which is valid for 3 years (please note: the Health and Safety Executive strongly advises annual refresher training).
day or 2 evenings.
This course is available on an In House basis - at the clients premises on dates and timings of the clients choice.
This allows us to tailor the course content to the specific requirements of the client.
The cost is £550.00 +
VAT for up to 24 delegates.